Jobs Summit 2012
This event is sold out.
Attendees must present a photo ID and a printed copy of their registration at the entrance to the event.
Registration and Lunch: 12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Program: 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Reception: 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
2012 Participating Governors Announced!
The Honorable Jack Markell, Governor of Delaware
The Honorable Dave Heineman, Governor of Nebraska
The Honorable Gary Herbert, Governor of Utah
The Honorable Scott Walker, Governor of Wisconsin
A central part of the Summit will be the release of an updated edition of Enterprising States, which will take a comprehensive look at how states are positioning themselves for economic growth and investing in the future. The bipartisan Governors’ Roundtable will be moderated by Major Garrett, Congressional Correspondent for the National Journal, following remarks by Tom Donohue, President and Chief Executive Officer of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and a research presentation based on the data released in the Enterprising States study.
In addition, a new case study will be presented, titled Growth, Jobs and Innovation at the Local Level, focusing on the cities of Denver, Colorado and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. That panel includes:
- The Honorable Michael Hancock, Mayor of Denver
- Kelly Jean Brough, President and Chief Executive Officer, Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Chris Riopelle, Senior Vice President of Operations, DaVita Inc.
- The Honorable Rich Fitzgerald, Allegheny County Executive
- Dennis Yablonsky, Chief Executive Officer, Allegheny Conference on Community Development
- Greg Babe, President and Chief Executive Officer, Bayer Corporation USA and Bayer MaterialScience LLC; Chair, Greater Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce; and Vice Chair, Allegheny Conference on Community Development
During the event, iPads will be available with the new interactive Enterprising States map and survey uploaded for trial and attendees can enter to win their own iPad! *Click here for giveaway terms and conditions.