Health Care Summit
Rewarding Innovation and Improving Transparency
Registration is now closed. We have reached our capacity.
Please watch the webcast live on our website and join the conversation on Twitter by following @NCF_Updates and using #Health2012.
October 25, 2012
Doors open: 8:30AM
Program: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Reception: 5:00PM – 6:00PM
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the National Chamber Foundation will co-host the 1st Annual Health Care Summit to explore strategies that improve transparency and reward innovation in order to transform the health care system as the debate continues in the weeks leading up to the November 2012 elections.
As the world’s largest business federation representing the interests of more than three million businesses and organizations of every size, sector, and region, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce promotes reform that builds on the current employer-sponsored system and uses market-based solutions to lower cost, improve quality, cover more individuals, and protect American jobs and the businesses that create them.
This event will examine how rewarding innovation and improving transparency can promote quality and advance technology in the health care sector,ultimately strengthening the U.S. health care system by engaging employers and consumers.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Rick Stephens, Senior Vice President, Human Resources and Administration, The Boeing Company
- The Honorable William Hazel, Jr., M.D., Secretary of Health and Human Resources, Commonwealth of Virginia
- John Castellani, President and Chief Executive Officer, PhRMA
- Chantel Sheaks, Principal, Government Affairs, National Technical Resources Group, Buck Consultants
- Basit Chaudhry, M.D., Ph.D., Senior Researcher, Clinical Transformation, Healthcare Analytics, IBM
- Tomáš Paus M.D., Ph.D., Tanenbaum Chair in Population Neuroscience; Senior Scientist, The Rotman Research Institute; Professor of Psychology and Psychiatry, University of Toronto
- Ken Sperling, National Health Exchange Strategy Leader, Aon Hewitt
- Christopher E. Condeluci, Of Counsel, Venable
- Bill Mohlenbrock, Chairman and Chief Medical Officer, Verras
- John Kelley, Chief People Officer and Vice President, Human Resources, White Castle System Inc.
- Mary Scanlon, Senior Vice President, Business Development, Government Healthcare Solutions at Xerox
- Alan Cohen, Chief Strategy Officer and Co-Founder, Liazon
- Charles D. Kennedy M.D., CEO, Accountable Care Solutions, Aetna
- Mark Fendrick, M.D., Professor, Division of General Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Michigan, School of Public Health
- Nick Vailas, Chairman, Compass Healthcare Advisers
- Marisa Milton, Vice President, HR Policy, Strategy & Compliance, Marriott International, Inc.
- Sandeep Wadhwa, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, 3M Health Information Systems
- Shawn Leavitt, Vice President, Global Compensation and Benefits, Carlson
- Katie Wreed Bell, Partner, Global Well Being, Gallup
- Brett Davis, Senior Director, Health Sciences, Oracle
- Arthur L. Kellermann, M.D., MPH, Paul O’Neill Chair in Policy Analysis, RAND Health
- Lori Huss, Vice President, Product & Marketing, Onlife Health
- Scott Serota, President and Chief Executive Officer, Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA)
- Mary Yarbrough, M.D., MPH, Director, Vanderbilt Health & Wellness
- Helena B. Foulkes, Executive Vice President & Chief Health Care Strategy and Marketing Officer, CVS Caremark
- Richard Migliori, M.D., Executive Vice President, Health Services, UnitedHealth Group
- Jean Moody-Williams, R.N., MPP, Director, Quality Improvement Group, Office of Clinical Standards and Quality, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Sam Nussbaum, M.D., Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, WellPoint, Inc
- Rhonda Brandon, Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer, BJC HealthCare
- Kathryn Teng, MD, FACP, Director, Center for Personalized Healthcare, Cleveland Clinic
- Alan M. Weiss, MD, MBA, FACP, Associate Medical Director Inpatient Clinical Systems, Cedars-Sinai Health System
The 2012 U.S. Chamber of Commerce Health Care Leadership Award will be presented to Peter Tippett, M.D., Ph.D., Vice President, Verizon Incubator, Chief Medical Officer for improving transparency and rewarding innovation for his work in modernizing the exchange of Health Information Technology (HIT). His efforts contribute to driving down cost and promoting quality in order to provide both employers and consumers meaningful health care coverage.
For speaking and sponsorship opportunities please contact Ben Askin at email@example.com